H2S and CO2 Removal in the Upstream Gas Sweetening
Bandung | February 16-19, 2010 | USD 972,-/ Person
Course Description and Benefits
- With increasing demands to natural gas in Indonesia, sour gases are being tapped for utilization after purification. But, the natural gas that is transported to the fuel market must meet legal and safety requirements; it must be non-toxic, non-corrosive and safe to environment. For that reasons, H2S, and CO2 are removed to certain level through a gas sweetening process. The amines (MEA, DEA, MDEA) are the most popular solutions and thus commonly used in many gas fields.
- This course is designed as an effective practical shortcut to understand the amine sweetening process and all features and problems encountered in amine plant operations for engineers, operators, technicians, and anyone who involve or responsible in H2S and CO2 removal.
- The course content and approach are designed to suit participants of different background and different position. It will be delivered as a to-the-point explanation by a professional instructor, utilizing an easy-to-understand examples and illustrations, especially the actual findings in Indonesia.
- By attending this course, participants are able to broaden or reshape their knowledge on the related subjects of his or her area of responsibility, learn more about the principles of amine sweetening, identify and discuss the function of each component used in the process, and trace process flow through a typical amine unit, discuss and consult their specific problems they are about to bring to the class, and share experiences with others.
- After completion of this course, participants will understand how each component in the unit operates, the effects of process variables, what and how to monitor the unit and make necessary adjustments, what and how to perform routine maintenance, and trobleshooting common problems affecting proper operation of the unit, in order to achieve the goals of gas sweetening.
- Production of Transportable and Salable Gas Stream
- Overview of Natural Gas Processing and Gas Treating
- The Principles of Reaction Type Gas Sweetening
- Amine Sweetening Process Flow and Components
- Amine Sweetening Plant Operation and Controls
- Amine Conditioning and Amine Losses Control
- Plant Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Lean-rich and high-low pressure natural gas product
- Gas-well gas and associated gas
- Typical near well surface production operations and facility
- Examples of gas producing schemes
- Sales specifications, environmental requirements and economics
- Gas sale contract and limitation of H2S and CO2 contents
- Gas processing, conditioning and treating
- The principles of absorption process with alkanolamines
- Typical sweetening unit and the process variables
- Inlet separator, contactor column and flash tank
- The role of inlet gas temperature and inlet amine temperature
- Filters and lean/rich heat exchanger
- Stripper column and reflux condenser/accumulator
- Reboiler, reclaimer, and surge tank
- The role of reboiler, reclaimer and heat exchanger temperatures
- Circulation pump and trim cooler
- The role of contactor, stripper, filter and flash tank pressures
- The problem of amine losses
- Reducing amine losses and amine tests
- The problem of foaming and control of foaming tendency
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of amine unit
- Safety for working at amine unit
- Recommendation for startup and shutdown
- Relative performance of alkanolamines
Training Method, Materials and Program
- The course will be delivered in the form of classroom exposition, case studies and open discussion. Course materials will be handed out as hard and soft copy.
- The course will be given in Bahasa Indonesia. In special case, upon request, it will be in English.
- Actual field problems, which are about to bring to the course, will be presented and discussed in the class and shared to find recommendation as a specific solution. All participant documents should be treated as confidential.
- Course itinerary, materials and program will be provided and prepared by the organizer.
Hilman Ahmad & Associates
This specially designed course will be conducted by Hilman Ahmad & Associates, an Independent Consultant in industrial oil and gas, member of the Society of Indonesian Petroleum Engineers, who manage the Professional Industrial Oil & Gas Education Center, and has been practicing production operation & safety and corrosion control engineering in Indonesia for more than twenty-five years. He post-graduated from Tokyo Institute of Technology (sponsored by UNESCO) in 1977. He joined in-field-practice program at Nippon Kokan Steel Company & Research Center Kawasaki, Japan for production facility design & construction and corrosion prevention & control in 1983, and collaborated with Cormon Industrial Research Center Brighton UK for on-line corrosion monitoring development in 2000. He has been delivering training course in production operation, maintenance & safety and corrosion control for personnel from Oil & Gas Company and Petrochemical Industry since 1979.
Certificate of Appreciation
All attendees will receive a certificate of appreciation attesting to their participant in the training. This certificate will be providing in exchange for a completed training questionnaire.
Documentation & Dress Code
- Quality training material kits will be on registration, additional papers, & handouts assignment by Our Partner.
- Note-taking by participants is encourage. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
- Casual clothing is recommended. The training atmosphere is informal.
- Quality training material (hardcopy and softcopy)
- Quality training kits included calculator, T-shirt or jacket, cap, ect.
- Interactive presentation with discussion
- Convenient training facilities with five star quality
- Lunch per day
- Morning and afternoon coffee / tea breaks for along the training
- Certificate of Completion
- Half day city tour at the end of training session following by dinner with entertainment (Optional)
- Exclusive flash disk.
Tuition Fee & Registration Deadline
- USD 972,-/ Person,
- Ddiscount 10 % if register three or more persons from one company.
- Registration deadline a weeks before training held.
This training will be conducted if we receive registration letter from 3 (three) participants (Minimum)