CDM PROJECT CAPACITY BUILDING – DEVELOPING A SUCCESS CDM PROJECT
26-27 May 2008 | 08.30 a.m. – 05.00 p.m.
| Hotel Salak, Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No. 8, Bogor
The workshop aimed to enhance private sector participation in the CDM by improving understanding of the CDM, its underlying concepts and eligibility criteria and how companies can engage in the Mechanism. It also identified areas that need further guidance, in an effort to identify unresolved issues. The workshop covered GHG accounting issues such as what constitutes a CDM project, information on the CDM project cycle, clarification and underlying concepts such as additionality and baselines, project boundaries and how they can be determined, what leakage is and when and how it must be taken into account, and what constitute validation, verification and monitoring.
• To familiarize industry with CDM concepts, eligibility criteria, rules and procedures.
• Seeks to building capacity around CDM project development and explore CDM potential within specific sectors.
• Having ability to develop a success CDM Project.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Executives/Managers of corporation and companies
• Executives/Managers and officials of public entities – municipalities, state-own entities, local and national governments
• CDM project developers – experienced, novice and aspiring
• Any persons or representatives of entitles that want to develop CDM project.
• Materials are provided in English.
• Workshop will be delivered in two languages: Bahasa Indonesia and English, guided by CDM consultant and DOE.
• It is advised to bring laptop during workshop
• Payment should be made at least 6 days prior to workshop commencement
TOOLS & METHOD:
Exercises on live example ! in Workshop on Fundamentals of CDM Project
- Workshop on Fundamentals of CDM Project
- On line exercise, dgn case study
- Live from the projects that running and regitered on UNFCCC
Workshop on Fundamentals of CDM Project
OVERVIEW AND PROCESS OF THE CDM
• What the CDM is, how the Kyoto Protocol works
• Global CDM developments and Indonesia’s CDM project (incl : Involved parties of CDM, host country approval process & CDM requirement in Indonesia, sustainability development criteria and indicator used for assessing project proposed.
• CDM Framework
CDM PROJECT CYCLE
• How your company can get involved in the CDM project : determining of CDM project eligibility, project cycle, submission of methodologies/projects, review, approval, etc.
• Rules and criteria that determine the eligibility of CDM Projects.
DEVELOPING PIN AND PDD
• Detail discussion on the concepts of : baseline, additionality, project emission calculations, leakages, crediting period & monitoring.
• Exercise on live examples from some registered projects in Indonesia
Workshop on Development of CDM Project
TYPE OF ELIGIBLE PROJECTS
• Interaction on the possibility, viability and potential of CDM/VER in different sectors in Indonesia.
STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF CARBON MARKET
• Growth of Carbon Market and Price Discovery Mechanisms
• Arriving at a price for CERs
• Key decision factors regarding sale of CERs
• Verified Emission Reduction (VERs) pricing
• VERs from CDM registered Projects
GLOBAL CARBON MARKET REVIEW
• Evolution of the Carbon Market
• Current players in the market
• Carbon market post 2012
VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION
• Common pitfalls of CDM Project
|WORKSHOP LEADER(s): CDM Experts|
|International Chamber of Commerce – Indonesia National Committe|
|About this Training Provider:The World business organization – International Chamber of Commerce – Indonesia National Committe|
PARTICIPATION FEE :
Rp 4.000.000,-/ participant (Includes materials, lunch, coffee breaks, and certificate)
Cancellation must be in writing to ICC Indonesia. The refund policy is:
• Within 2-5 days of event – no refund.
• Six (6) days prior to event – 50 % refund.
• Registration may be transferred to another person from the same company at no extra charge
ICC reserves the right to alter, cancel or reschedule the program and all efforts will be taken to inform participants of the change.